Skip to main content

May December, 2023 - ★★★★

Wow. Charles Melton and Natalie Portman showcased so much talent in this film. Melton’s performance as Joe blew me away. I only knew him from Riverdale. I would have never guessed Reggie Mantle could do this. Yes, Riverdale’s cast were good actors. After all, they had to sell that bullshit plot for 7 seasons. That still doesn’t compare to what Charles Melton did as Joe. I thought I was familiar with Ms Portman’s game, but I was not. She really creeped me out in this movie. She’s a real actress playing a fake actress playing a fake child molester based on a real child molester played by a real actress. There are so many layers to this! Watching Elizabeth Berry transform into Gracie as the film progressed was so chilling. I also need to tip my hat to Julianne Moore and Todd Haynes. I know Ms. Moore from 30 Rock, so her character disturbed me more than the average person. Gracie was so cold. Just like Elizabeth Berry, I could not figure her out. I have to applaud Todd Haynes, because as director he brought this story to life. This was an amazing movie with an amazing cast and crew. So much talent, from the Atherton-Yoo children to the people Elizabeth interviews to prep for the movie. Hats off to everyone! - Letterboxd


http://dlvr.it/T08zCN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone But You, 2023 - ★★★★

lame first quarter but the rest of the film was strong. Quite funny! I laughed out loud multiple times - Letterboxd http://dlvr.it/T0z5Ts

first post!

 ok hello! this is my new blog where i will be sharing my thoughts. typing this on my phone so the formatting might be odd idk but idc. i’ll do entertainment reviews. i read manga and US comics (mostly marvel). I mainly watch cartoons (the only live action shows i watch are superstore, grown-ish, and black-ish) but when I’m with my mother I watch more common shows like Queen Sugar (currently and it’s VERY good!) or Grey’s Anatomy (hated it at first but now i’m hooked, i hate to say it). I LOVE to listen to music! I have a lot of thoughts so this is a perfect outlet to share them. There are so many things I want to say! idk how to add media this way but if i knew how to i’d input a “pop! pop!” gif from community. that’s all for now. i’ll properly set this site up later.

Akira

MAL RSS Feed - Reading - 1 of 120 chapters http://dlvr.it/T5zdNQ