Skip to main content

Yet the Town Keeps Going

In my May 31 post titled "Being Weird", I said, "Now that I've completed Stranger Things, I don't really know what to do. I've been reading this new manga, and I like it, but I'm not obsessed with it. It's fun, that's all. It's not like Arakawa Under the Bridge, or the series I read last summer where I spent every waking moment on them. I don't think there are many more series out there that can consume me the way the stuff I read last summer did.".

Here is an update on that manga.

The manga is called Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru or SoreMachi for short. In English, the name is Yet the Town Keeps Going, but I like to call it SoreMachi. I read it from May 29 to June 5, and I totally loved it. At the beginning, I was not obsessed, but as I read further I could not put it down. At first, I felt it was going by slowly, but eventually, it started speeding by and I was at the final chapter (138.5) in a flash. 139 chapters went by like nothing. I really enjoyed reading it! I love manga with a wacky cast! I gave it a 10 - Masterpiece.

There's an anime, but sadly it doesn't have a dub, so for now I won't be watching it. It's the same case for Arakawa Under the Bridge. I hate watching subbed anime.

I resent the idea I had that I somehow would not find any more good manga. Until I read them, I had never even HEARD of the manga I completed this summer. There is always something out there. So far, this summer I began and completed:

Arakawa Under the Bridge

Apollo no Uta (Apollo's Song)

SoreMachi

Sunny

These are series I have begun this summer but not completed:

Gintama - read 12/735, and I will not complete it for a while because I'm not hooked like Bleach, I just want to say that I read Gintama in entirety.

Marriagetoxin - ongoing series

Genshiken - read 4/127 then dropped it. I might come back some time down the line, but for now this manga was not doing it for me.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - read 2/302, haven't marked it as dropped yet, but I think I'm going to.

Flat - currently reading. I'm on chapter 15 of 45. It's mediocre but I keep reading because I love childcare manga. I like kids a lot.

Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report (My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness) - read 1 chapter, I will return to it later. It's part one of a series of autobiographical manga essays.

Well, that's where I'm at for now. I'm looking forward to the next manga I find which I can't put down. So far, 3 of the 4 manga I've completed this summer were super duper great. I'm excluding Apollo no Uta, which was good, but not amazing. Super cool premise though, and it's by the God of Manga, Osamu Tezuka, so of course there's a certain level of quality which is expected.

And Yet the Town Concludes: Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Final Chapter (and  Other) Thoughts | OGIUE MANIAX

(This is a page from SoreMachi hehe)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone But You, 2023 - ★★★★

lame first quarter but the rest of the film was strong. Quite funny! I laughed out loud multiple times - Letterboxd http://dlvr.it/T0z5Ts

first post!

 ok hello! this is my new blog where i will be sharing my thoughts. typing this on my phone so the formatting might be odd idk but idc. i’ll do entertainment reviews. i read manga and US comics (mostly marvel). I mainly watch cartoons (the only live action shows i watch are superstore, grown-ish, and black-ish) but when I’m with my mother I watch more common shows like Queen Sugar (currently and it’s VERY good!) or Grey’s Anatomy (hated it at first but now i’m hooked, i hate to say it). I LOVE to listen to music! I have a lot of thoughts so this is a perfect outlet to share them. There are so many things I want to say! idk how to add media this way but if i knew how to i’d input a “pop! pop!” gif from community. that’s all for now. i’ll properly set this site up later.

Akira

MAL RSS Feed - Reading - 1 of 120 chapters http://dlvr.it/T5zdNQ