Skip to main content

Hustle, 2022 - ★★★★★

Just Perfect. I LOVE sports movies, especially basketball movies, ESPECIALLY when real players are in it!!! (Yes, I loved KD's 2012 movie Thunderstruck) I watched Hustle because I love Anthony Edwards, and yeah, he was great, but I had no clue the amazing movie I was signing up for, I just love me some Ant-man! Adam Sandler's portrayal of Stanley Sugerman was amazing. I prefer seeing him in more serious roles like this and Uncut Gems versus his comedy heyday in the 2000s. He's a really good actor, and he demonstrates it in movies like this. Juancho Hernangomez did a phenomenal job as Bo Cruz. It's crazy that this is his acting debut. I'm definitely putting him up there with Ant-man now for favorite player. Anthony Edwards is number one, and Hernangomez is number two. I loved how a LOT of basketball players were in the movie and it didn't feel busy, just natural. So many of the hottest basketball players from different generations, teams, leagues, and countries, and they all fit seamlessly. Usually, when stars of any kind are put together in one production it feels like a publicity move, but not in Hustle. In Hustle, everyone's presence made perfect sense. The cinematography of this movie was good. When making a sports movie, you have to have a certain level of cinematography because sports are fast, especially basketball, but this movie went above and beyond. The training segment around the middle of the movie was the best montage I've ever seen. It was masterfully shot and edited. I just came to see my favorite basketball player act, but I ended up watching one of the best movies of the year (in MY opinion) P.S. Dear Hollywood, get Anthony Edwards and Juancho Hernangomez in more movies! - Letterboxd
http://dlvr.it/SRwK3h

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone But You, 2023 - ★★★★

lame first quarter but the rest of the film was strong. Quite funny! I laughed out loud multiple times - Letterboxd http://dlvr.it/T0z5Ts

first post!

 ok hello! this is my new blog where i will be sharing my thoughts. typing this on my phone so the formatting might be odd idk but idc. i’ll do entertainment reviews. i read manga and US comics (mostly marvel). I mainly watch cartoons (the only live action shows i watch are superstore, grown-ish, and black-ish) but when I’m with my mother I watch more common shows like Queen Sugar (currently and it’s VERY good!) or Grey’s Anatomy (hated it at first but now i’m hooked, i hate to say it). I LOVE to listen to music! I have a lot of thoughts so this is a perfect outlet to share them. There are so many things I want to say! idk how to add media this way but if i knew how to i’d input a “pop! pop!” gif from community. that’s all for now. i’ll properly set this site up later.

Akira

MAL RSS Feed - Reading - 1 of 120 chapters http://dlvr.it/T5zdNQ