Skip to main content

Stranger Things Season 4: Volume I

 Stranger Things Season 4: Volume I

Began: May 28, 2022

Completed: May 31, 2022

I finished watching the first volume of Stranger Things Season 4 earlier today. I liked it a lot. At first, I found it to be a bit of a tedious watch because of how long the episodes were. The episodes were already 50 minutes before, and now atleast another 30 were added. As things got more interesting, the length felt like nothing. Actually, it even felt like too little because of how invested I became in the plot. The final episode, episode 7, was 1 hour and 40 minutes long, the length of a feature film, and at the end, I was left yearning for more. Suffice to say, I definitely enjoyed the new episodes.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty. These are the things I want to discuss:

  1. Steve-Nancy Agenda
  2. Underutilization of Erica
  3. Uselessness of All Teams but the Hawkins Group
  4. Lame Jokes and Robin
  5. Sadie Sink and Millie Bobbie Brown

Steve-Nancy Agenda

I thought this was absolutely disgusting. Just gross. All the implying that Steve and Nancy should get back together made me want to barf! It felt childish after a certain point. They should just go ahead and do it because I'm getting sick of all the lame references. Now everybody and their mom is a love doctor oh BROTHER!!! I do not want Steve and Nancy back together at all. I think Nancy is the problem probably. She just does not do it for me. As the show goes on, I like her less. This season she was so freaking boring. I miss when she acted like a teenage girl. Now she's a put-together young woman and that does not make for good entertainment, sorry! I don't even want to talk about the Steve-Nancy agenda anymore, I really feel like it's disgusting and thinking about it is making me mad. Steve and Nancy do NOT need to get back together!!!

Underutilization of Erica

I absolutely loved Erica in season 3. They did not use my good sis enough this season! When they brought her in Hellfire Club, I was expecting another season where Erica used her star power, but no, she faded back into the shadows, until Episode 7, where she rocked. The way things are looking, she will definitely be featured more in the 2nd Volume.

Uselessness of All Teams but the Hawkins Group

The Hawkins team (Lucas, Erica, Dustin, Max, Robin, Eddie, Steve, and Nancy) sped through the problem of Vecna. They interviewed Victor Creel, they realized music can repel Vecna, and they figured out that there were multiple gates. They carried the world-saving effort this season. It's ridiculous how quickly they moved while the California team (Mike, Will, Johnathan, and Argyle) did ONE thing, which was find where Eleven is. Did they even do that? Well, whatever it is they got Suzie to do for them with the computer. The Russia Team (Bauman, Joyce, and Hopper) was also long-winded and much less interesting than the California team's adventure. Whenever the snow came on screen I got bored. I don't even want to talk about them... ugh. Point is, the Hawkins team most definitely carried this season, and good for them! Oh, I forgot Eleven. Well, she's really her own team. Eleven's arc was productive because we learned a lot of good information. I liked her arc, and I'm glad she got her powers back. My question about Mr. Vecna is where did his powers originate from?

Lame Jokes and Robin

There were a lot of corny jokes this season, and I feel like Robin was not serious enough. Everything about her felt so dumb. Also, Vicki went to the backburner so quickly. What was the point of caring about her for 1 or 2 episodes? I just did not like the direction my good sis Robin was taken in this direction. She just felt ridiculous, not like a normal young lady with a functional brain inside her head.

Sadie Sink and Millie Bobbie Brown

Millie Bobbie Brown did a phenomenal job as always, but this season I found myself especially amazed by her acting. I'm talking about the flashback scenes. Also, major props to the actress playing Young Eleven, Martie Marie Blair. She did a great job as well. Someone who stood out to me this season was Sadie Sink as Max Mayfield. She truly became Max. Stranger Things has always had good acting. The acting quality has never been an issue, but Sadie Sink went above and beyond this season and I was amazed by the intensity of her performance.

Well, that's all I had to say. Here is a link to the Season 4 Key Visuals, which look really cool. Thanks for reading. This may be the most comprehensive review I've ever written.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone But You, 2023 - ★★★★

lame first quarter but the rest of the film was strong. Quite funny! I laughed out loud multiple times - Letterboxd http://dlvr.it/T0z5Ts

first post!

 ok hello! this is my new blog where i will be sharing my thoughts. typing this on my phone so the formatting might be odd idk but idc. i’ll do entertainment reviews. i read manga and US comics (mostly marvel). I mainly watch cartoons (the only live action shows i watch are superstore, grown-ish, and black-ish) but when I’m with my mother I watch more common shows like Queen Sugar (currently and it’s VERY good!) or Grey’s Anatomy (hated it at first but now i’m hooked, i hate to say it). I LOVE to listen to music! I have a lot of thoughts so this is a perfect outlet to share them. There are so many things I want to say! idk how to add media this way but if i knew how to i’d input a “pop! pop!” gif from community. that’s all for now. i’ll properly set this site up later.

Akira

MAL RSS Feed - Reading - 1 of 120 chapters http://dlvr.it/T5zdNQ